Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Do You Vote?

I just heard on my local news that only 30% of registered voters turned out for our November 2nd elections! I sort of kind of found that news shocking because I thought that more people voted than that!

Voting and participating in the elections is a very high priority in the area that I live in - which is LaMott, PA. So many people in my area turn out to vote - including both the young and the old! It is also the time when everybody greets everyone even if you saw them just a few hours ago!

I have to admit that I didn't start voting until later in life - like somewhere in my 30's - don't ask me why I waited so long because I honestly couldn't tell you!

But now that I am a registered voter I have not missed voting in one election since I became a registered voter!

I know that some people gripe about voting and I even have a relative who has told me that he doesn't vote because he just doesn't think that it will do any good! I disagree with him however! And I have even tried to convince him to vote. He is a veteran and has received many different kinds of government grant programs that have helped him financially - especially with his medical bills. But still he doesn't vote????

So my question to you is do you vote? Have you ever voted in the past but stopped doing so? If so, why?

0 comments: