Sunday, November 9, 2008

Do You Still Have And/Or Use A Typewriter?

I had a client who wanted me to type up their resume but at this particular time I had ran out of ink cartridges for my printer! - Yikes!

so I decided that since I still had two typewriters in the house I decided to type up the resume on one of them!

Well the first typewriter I hadn't used in ages! But it was still sitting on one of the desks so I decided to open it and try it out to see if it was still working. Well there was a ribbon already on it and I decided to test it but none of the type showed through! OK no problem because I had another ribbon still in its original packing and unused - so I replaced the typewriter ribbon. Even with the replacement ribbon the type still wouldn't show through.

Ok no problem I'll try the othertypewriter that was even older and hadn't been used in probably years! Well guess what? That typewriter still worked however the type that came out was so light that it was virtually useless!

So what is the lesson that I learned from this? To always have ink cartridges for my printer! - LOL!

Update


May 2011!

Working From Home! - Rose's Blog: "Life In A Typewriter Shop": "I found this very interesting blog online about a guy who works at a typewriting shop. It's so great to see that with all the computer technology around that there is still a demand for typewriters and typewriter repair..."

2 comments:

jusmeinia said...

I no longer have one, but I always liked the IBM selectric, the kind every office had.

Rose said...

Thank you for your comment!

I still don't have the "heart" to throw the old typewriters away yet.