Sunday, March 8, 2009

Do You Do Your Own Income Taxes Or Does Someone Else Do Them For You?



I have to admit that I have worked for both the IRS and for H & R Block where I was a tax preparer so I do my own income taxes myself. That doesn't mean that its not hard for me sometimes - especially now that I work for myself!

I have 3 different sets of tax forms to fill out yearly. The first is my own area's local tax where I have to pay a 1% tax on my earned income -


and then of course there is my state and federal tax forms that have to be filled out.

I also have to admit that I do my taxes the old fashioned way which is to fill out the forms by hand and then mail them in. By as I was doing my taxes for this year I was toying with the idea of doing them online. I haven't used any of those tax preparation softwares like Turbo Tax - although I don't rule that out for the future.

0 comments: