I am a very big fan of the law of attraction which simply states that what you focus on you will get.
If you are feeling sad or depressed or just "down in the dumps", the best advice that I have read is that you should make a list of the things that you are grateful for. Start a gratitude journal so that you can keep a journal of all the things that you are grateful for.
Have you heard of a gratitude rock? It's just a small, simple stone that you can carry around with you - and everytime you touch it you think of something that you are grateful for.
The reasoning for all of this is to get you in a state of gratitude, feeling good about the positive things in your life.
If you are feeling down or depressed this is something that you should try to help you feel better.
Here is my list of 5 positive things about my life today:
- I am very grateful for my home! I live just outside of Philadelphia, in an area called LaMott and I love my home and where I live!
- I am also grateful that I am able to work from home. What I love most about being able to work from home is that I can and do make my own hours!
- I am so grateful for my cat! - LOL! He's a wonderful little furry companion!
- I am grateful for my health - though I may not be the most healthiest person in the world - still I'm doing good! I know a neighbor who told me that she can't walk for long distances because of her health so that just makes me the much more grateful.
- As Oprah once suggested - be happy and grateful that you are just able to be able to breathe and be alive!